Skip to main content

Lewandowski in the interview: I always wanted to be the modern, complete striker

Toolbox Football Club is a professional football club based in Islington, London, England. Toolbox plays in the Premier Organization, the leading trip of English football. The club has won 13 league titles (including one unbeaten title), a record 14 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, 16 FA Community Shields, the League Centenary Trophy, one European Cup Champions Mug, as well as one Inter-Cities Fairs Mug. Arsenal was the very first club from the South of England to join the Football Organization in 1893, as well as they reached the First Department in 1904. Delegated just as soon as, in 1913, they proceed the lengthiest touch in the leading department, as well as have won the second-most top-flight suits in English football background. In the 1930s, Collection won five League Championships and also 2 FA Cups, and also another FA Cup and also 2 Championships after the war. In 1970-- 71, they won their initial Organization and also FA Cup Dual. Between 1989 and 2005, they won 5 League titles and 5 FA Cups, including two more Doubles. They finished the 20th century with the highest possible ordinary organization position.Herbert Chapman, that transformed the ton of money of Arsenal for life, won the club its initial cutlery, as well as his legacy led the club to control the 1930s decade; Chapman, nonetheless, passed away of pneumonia in 1934, aged 55. He helped introduce the WM formation, floodlights, as well as tee shirt numbers; he likewise added the white sleeves as well as brighter red to the club s jersey. Arsène Wenger is the longest-serving manager as well as won one of the most trophies. He won a document seven FA Cups, as well as his title-winning group established an English record for the lengthiest top-flight unbeaten organization run at 49 games in between 2003 as well as 2004, getting the label The Invincibles. In 1886, artilleries employees at the Royal Collection in Woolwich established the club as Dial Square. In 1913, the club crossed the city to Collection Arena in Highbury, coming to be close neighbors of Tottenham Hotspur, and developing the North London derby. In 2006, they moved to the neighboring Emirates Arena. With an annual revenue of EUR388m in the 19-- 20 period, Toolbox was estimated to be worth US$ 2.68 billion by Forbes, making it the globe s 7th most important club, while it is just one of the most adhered to on social media sites. The motto of the club has long been Victoria Concordia Crescit, Latin for Success With Consistency .

Robert Lewandowski received the greatest and in every facet deserved praise on the occasion of the gala, which was ran in the adventure world of Bayern and was broadcast all over the world. After Cheeffer editor Jörg Jakob had given him the Golden Shoe, the Super Tor Hunter had to answer many questions, only on stage, then the international media. In the exclusive interview for the Lewandowski and the ESM partners, Lewandowski explains what he does to stay what he has become: the current top player worldwide. He talks about Gerd Müller, Marco Van Basten, Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo as well as the challengers of the future like Dortmund s Erling Haaland.

Congratulations on winning the Golden Shoe, Mr. Lewandowski. What does this award mean to you?

It makes me extreme much. I am very satisfied and proud that I have reached this first place, although we have in the Bundesliga four games less than the leagues in England, Spain, Italy or France and I could also participate in only 29 lots in the past season. Therefore, these 41 goals were already exceptional - and they are also a merit of the team. This golden shoe belongs to the entire team.

In the list of players who got the golden shoe standing great names of the football history: Eusebio, Gerd Müller, Marco van Basten, Hristo Stoichkov, the Brazilian Ronaldo, of course Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. What makes it with you to stand in this series?

Lately, I have often shown that you can achieve a lot with my style of play and performance. It is a great honor to stand in a row with so much names. I always knew that I had to achieve over 30 hits to think of this price at all.

Which striker type among the big predecessors are similar to them?

Oh ... (considered)

If I should compare myself with a previous striker, then with Marco Van Basten.

Robert Lewandowski

How about the suggestion Marco Van Basten?

Some ex-pros to me often said that comparisons between individual players are difficult, but I like Van Basten similar. In the movement flow and running style it is a bit like that. Van Basten was a great striker. If I should compare myself with a previous striker, yes, then with Marco Van Basten.

And Van Basten has as it gives the balls from the five-meter room at the back of cornerstones ...

(laughs) Yes. In modern football you have to do that for the team. And I do not want to be a striker who only waits for the front; I want to easily integrate myself into every system.

Did you have a role model in your youth?

The time in which these great names like Eusebio, Gerd Müller or Van Basten wrote their story is for me too long. The Frenchman Thierry Henry was very pleased with his style of play, his headlands, technique and precision in the conclusion. I often looked at games of him.

Henry won the golden shoe twice, 2003/04 with 30 and the year after with 25 hits for the FC Arsenal. They exceeded this quota far.

I do not know Henry s number, but the 41 goals show how great this past season was not just for me, but for the entire FC Bayern.

You can not think of such a record every year.

Robert Lewandowski

What is more important to you: that you have improved Gerd Müllers for a long time forever recorded recording time 1971/72 for a hit? Or that they became the best scorer in Europe?

The bottom of 40 hits existed almost 50 years. And the long period of time proves how great this power of Gerd Müller was. It was also extremely difficult for him at the time, and for me it was also a huge challenge to improve this number. You can not think of such a record every year. And one hangs with the other: the record enabled the gol- Those shoe that a player can win every year. But on this record you had to wait almost 50 years. That s why he is very significant.

They have with these 41 goals Lionel Messi, which brought it to 30 goals for Barcelona, ​​and Cristiano Ronaldo, who met for Juventus Turin 29 times, as the first pursuers from the big leagues clearly left behind. Is it particularly valuable for you to have distanced these two sizes of the past decade with eleven or twelve goals?

It is already proud of it, because before both I have the greatest respect. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have done a lot for football and continue to do it, they are great players.

You always said that the golden shoe is not possible for you because the Bundesliga only have 34 game days. How did you do it anyway?

After I missed four games because of my injury to the knee, I knew that I could only do it when I was shooting three goals in a game.

against Borussia Mönchengladbach on the 32nd match day you get three hits, they stood at 39 ...

And then I knew that I had the great chance to crack this Bundesliga record and get the golden shoe. But it was not a simple situation. I felt the importance of this record in the German public. It became an eerie challenge for me that has powled me mentally. I told me that everything was on me: I was so close, I was just one step in front of this legendary brand.

Was the pressure positive because they could do it? Or negative, because they could become nervous?

Both facets were positive. Sure, I was nervous because I knew what story was behind this record of 40 goals. I ve learned a lot because it s already an extremely high pressure when all look at you in the last two season games. You are so close to this record, But also so far away.

I do not have to deliver again. I can deliver again ...

Robert Lewandowski

You made it. Are you looser this season? Or is the pressure even bigger because you are expected to deliver again?

I do not have to deliver again. I can deliver again ...

You want to deliver again?

Exactly. That is the big difference. But I never have in my mind that I want to set up a record, but of course enjoy it when I reach one. Before that, I never do too many thoughts about it.

When they were chosen for the first time in Germany s footballer of the year for the first time, they said, at that time 32-year-old, in the Lewandowski interview, they felt better than 26 years. Do you feel like 20, 22 or 25?

Like 25.

First of all, the team has to win, then I can think of my gates.

Robert Lewandowski

They also said, 25 Lewandowski goals per season would apply as normal. Over the past four years, when they won the Lewandowski scorer cannon, it was average 31.5 hits. What expectation is normal for the goalkeeper Lewandowski? In any case more than 30?

The question is how to define expectation. At a scorer, the doorquote is always in the public. For me, however, the most important topic is that the team stands in the 1st place. And the better the team plays, the more hits I can achieve. So that s always a conjunction, and this creates a synergy effect. For a team without striker, it is harder to play, but a striker can not play without a team. Both must match. I have my goals in the head, but not only. First of all, the team has to win, then I can think of my gates.

They have developed more to the team player. How did that happen?

I dealt with my entire game. My hit rate I wanted to get, but improve my style. I realized that I could also participate in the construction and combination, and did not just want to wait for the templates. It can also shoot another the goals. Decisive is that I helped that we win.

Stormally storms the most complete Lewandowski, which it ever gave?

The most complete Lewandowski ... (considered)

They shoot goals on the running tape, can fall into the midfield, create spaces, assist and help behind ...

... yes, the most complete Lewandowski, you can already say. I always wanted to be the modern, complete striker. For me, it is not a problem to play in different systems and play styles. I wanted to be strong everywhere, with the right foot, the left, in header. And at FC Bayern you have little space, because you have to look for the clear rooms. That s very different as if your team attacks more about counterattacks. I wanted to be a striker who masters all variants.

It falls on that you always start in the full-spurt into the penalty area when the FC Bayern comes from the depth, and you get away in the back of the defender.

Yes, but it makes a big difference if I have 20, 30 meters trailed or 50, 60 meters or from box to box. More space I only have when I come from the second row and a teammate takes my place in front.

Sure, I could say, I m good enough and can hold my level. But I do not think so. I always search for improvements in my game, and if it only helps me play easier.

Robert Lewandowski

They said in the Lewandowski interview, they always wanted to improve. Do you have to have this requirement to keep this highest level? Or can you actually improve?

It is important that I have further the willingness to improve me. It is not easy to preserve at the top level. This is the biggest challenge for top players. Young players are not always ready to apply this will. To get this insight, you need experience. At the age of 30, you think differently than 20, that s normal. I know that it affects only positive when I work in detail. Sure, I could say, I m good enough and can hold my level. But I do not think so. I always search for improvements in my game, and if it only helps me play easier.

Will you get worse if you do not want to be constantly better and you are satisfied with his performance?

Yes, well possible. The question is how long I can hold my top performance and how.

What else can you improve concretely?

In football, the little thing is important, it makes the difference.

For the goal shot it takes that certain extra

What little thing for example?

I did not have a chance to achieve goals from the distance because I usually moved in the penalty area. Outside the sixteen, there were perhaps in five games one or two degrees from me. So in training, I focused on completing the distance more often to get an automatism for the game to be faster, more direct and in absolute security. Cross or diagonal passes can be beat at three o clock at night when you first got up five minutes before. But the score is the most difficult task for the striker, it takes some extra in mind.

It is said, striker are sensitive. Sometimes she sees self-doubt?

I also had days on which it did not go well, but tried to turn that.

What did you do?

Even if you have no good feeling, you have to meet mentally from you that you still show your quality. Although everything toughed in your head or you run slowly on the square, you have to bring your performance. That s the hardest for a striker, I had to learn that first. On difficult days I told myself that it was not just my legs, but on my head. I worked on me.

Make something special to strengthen your psyche?

No, no special thing. It s a process for years. Each player must find his special way.

Can you realistically explain why it runs so well for you? Or do you sometimes feel like in a nice dream?

My potential was always available. And I knew for years, what I had to do to get it out of me. I know today how I have to work in training. Therefore, my physical constitution is now better than 25, 26 or 28 years. My physical foundation is laid, the number of age does not matter. At the age of 22, I have changed my diet to play a few years longer. At that time I did not know if that would help me, but did it through - and it paid out. Everything I started at the time, today brings success today.

How long can you still preserve these super seru and superform?

This is difficult. But when a series ends, you can always start a new one. However, I do not go to the games and think of any series or records. I want to have fun with the ball on the square and win. As long as I have this winning allowed, I can only benefit.

When Cristiano Ronaldo cost million, he had already proven his class and value.

Robert Lewandowski

What makes the 33-year-old Lewandowski as a goalkeeper unlike the 25-year-old, which became 2013/14 with 20 hits Bundesliga scorer?

Much is different. The first is the mentality, the second the quality. And that is perfectly complemented today with my experience. If you started top level early, it is more difficult in the long run to keep this highest level of performance because you lack the experience. I remember my youth, how difficult it is to keep all the influences away from the outside, media, social media. It s a long way until you have the necessary experience. And then young players today alone have a lot of money because of their potential, though they often had no real success. Guilt are not the young players, but it s a problem of football, the way he has taken. When Cristiano Ronaldo cost million, he had already proven his class and value.

Is routine more important for a midstormer than the youthful power and power?

Marco van Basten ➤ '' San Marco '' | Best Skills & Goals for AC Milan | 1987-1995 | 1080P

There are certainly game situations in which experience, fantasy are more helpful than the power. The best solution is to have clear, power and routine.

Which properties requires a typical center-to-center in any case?

He has to have the certain extra. But what exactly is ... (considered, hesitated)

... can not you betray because there is everyone?

No not that. And it can not be any striker anyway. A striker has to have this special, you can not learn it.

Have your first goal to start the Champions League 2021/22 in Barcelona, ​​when you have transformed a rebound from the post from six meters, because of your goalkeeper, your experience or special that you have?

I just stood well and have reacted quickly. It was more reaction than the feeling of a striker. This feeling shows then when you run and the second or two seconds knows where the ball will come, the flank, the pass. Or when you start a rug, but then change the direction because you speculate on where the ball will land right away.

Gerd Müller was famous for its goalkeeper. Is there a capability you connect both?

We are completely different types. He was physically compact, not too tall, had muscular legs, as I saw pictures. Gerd was a typical penalty forces, with fast reactions. I m big, athletic. What connects us: how he believed his goal until the end of the game, so I do it. And the most important space for our goals is between goal line and penalty point.

What quality is your most important?

Easy to read what happens in the field or what will happen soon.

Which striker do you like today otherwise?

Actually, I concentrate on myself. And there are so many superstormers. Erling Haaland in the Bundesliga has great potential, great desire, he is very hungry on goals and wants more and more. In England there is Harry Kane. Karim Benzema of Real Madrid is still in top form, as a scorer and with his style. Romelu Lukaku of Chelsea distinguishes an eerie force.

I do not think about what I won, but what else I can win.

Robert Lewandowski

You have won as a medium-term door in the club, have set up records on the current band, are world footballers and now also best scorer in Europe. What should come now?

I do not think about what I won, but what else I can win. The new is found in what can happen. A new season means a new hope and, so I hope, new success.

Has it disappointed that you could not defend your title as Europe s footballer of the year 2020?

I believe that the cutting of your team in the Champions League is essential for this election. The three candidates 2021 were all in the final.

You have given the right answer to this ranking for the start of the new Champions League season with the two goals in Barcelona. Was that a good application for the choice for the FIFA World Footballer and Ballon d Or?

I just have to continue to show my top shape. The season is still running, there are many important games.

Are hits like against Barcelona or at all in the Champions League for you more valuable than in the Bundesliga against a average team like Bochum?

Each gate is important. Outside Germany, one or the other may be more registered. In addition, goals in the Bundesliga are more common than in the Champions League.

You have already achieved seven goals in the Bundesliga 2021/22 after five games, 1.4 per game. Makes extrappropriate on 34 game days 47.6 goals. Messi reach 2011/12 for Barcelona 50 Goals, Cristiano Ronaldo 2014/15 for Real Madrid 48. Do you still have an order to do?

I do not think of such a quota, I also do not put a princely calculation. And it s still too early and the season is still long.

What goals do you still have as a single player, with the club and the national team of Poland?

At FC Bayern, the goals are always the highest. And with the Polish national team it would be the most beautiful to play at the World Cup 2022. The potential we have, and will do everything to be there.

Read in the Lewandowski (Thursday edition or semagazine) as well as what great task Stefan Kuntz expected as a national coach of Turkey and why Marcel Halstenberg stands in front of an uncertain future. And: Gladbach many construction sites before reunion with ex-coach Marco Rose. Where trainer Adi Hütter must attach the lever .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AdventureQuest 3D organizes another in-game

After the success of her grain concert in the game at the beginning of this year, Adventurequest has gathered with another band to perform another concert bleach. This time, even though you have swapped Nu-Metal against grunge, Alice will be in Chains the presented band of this concert . The event runs from now until 30 November and is equally accessible to new and old players. There are several ways to participate in the event. The players can either talk about the travel crystal via the news screen with a promoter from Alice in Chains in the city, which gives you a Magic Concert ticket. The promoter path makes me the most fun. The Battle Concert is free for all players, although you can buy a VIP package similar to the grain version of this event if you want. These include under the motto Alice in Chains standing armor, weapons, pets, rare travel forms and musical objects. It will also contain a backstage pass to make a virtual selfie with the tape. Similar to Korn, Alice will ha

VfB: SASA KALAJDZIC is missing months

It would have been luck in misfortune according to Mislinat, Kalajdzic would have come away after his shoulder luxation without surgery and returned playful after the international space in three weeks. But the investigations made on Saturday yesterday revealed that the injury that the Austrian has accessed Leipzig is a heavy nature. The scorer is at least two months. As he is treated, whether it is operated or not, is not yet clarified. Of course, it is that the Stuttgart looks around the transfer market. The striker search has started. Maybe the market gives a way that would fit into our budget, explains the sports chief. But everything has to fit.

Strong membership growth at Eintracht Frankfurt quits

The victory in the Europa League has offered the Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt a strong membership growth . As the Hesse revealed on Sunday, the club counted 110,000 charter member at the current examination. According to the club, around 10,000 people obtained a brand-new club membership after the last victory in Sevilla in mid-May (5: 4 in penalty shooting versus Glasgow Rangers). Frankfurt is behind Bayern Munich, Schalke 04, Borussia Dortmund and also 1. FC Köln fifth in the Bundesliga clubs with the strongest participants.